The Goals and Mission of the Prostate Centre at VGH
- Provide the very best treatment for men with prostate disease.
- Act as a focus for prostate research and state of the art treatment activities throughout the Province of British Columbia.
- Provide a national and international focus for research into prostate disease, which will enhance the understanding of many aspects of its biology.
- Apply this knowledge in a practical way, leading to the development of new and better diagnostic tools and treatment methods.
- Unify, in a virtual sense, the prostate research and treatment programs in British Columbia.
- Provide a state-of-the-art facility for education of scientists and health care professionals at the undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate levels.
- Attract the best investigators, clinicians, graduate students and post doctoral fellows from Canada and around the globe who will acquire and disseminate new knowledge in the field of prostate disease.
- Facilitate the translational aspect of research by the geographic proximity of clinical and basic science laboratory space.
- Develop and disseminate educational materials and processes for the general public.